FREE Online Motorcycle License Permit Practice Test for the State of South Carolina
To get your permit you must be at least 15 years old and take a knowledge test at one of SCDMV’s driver license examining offices.
Passing the SC motorcycle permit test is as easy as 1 2 3 using our online interactive South Carolina motorcycle permit practice test. Please note study for this South Carolina license test is completely FREE.
While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information supplied herein, its authors, www.permit.bike, its employees and associates cannot be held responsible for any damages occurring due to errors or omissions.
Important note: unlike many other states, South Carolina does not publish a separate motorcycle manual, but has a section for motorcycles inside the driver manual. South Carolina DMV states that a motorcyclist should study the whole of the manual apart from the section applying to trucks; the questions below are taken from the motorcycle section and other sections which are applicable to motorcyclists.
SC Motorcycle Practice Test 01
SC Motorcycle Practice Test 02
SC Motorcycle Practice Test 03
SC Motorcycle Practice Test 04
What You Need to Know Before Taking the SC Motorcycle Permit Test
Riding around the Palmetto State is a great experience. But before you can hop on a motorcycle, you must pass the SC Motorcycle Permit Test.
- The minimum age to obtain a permit is 15.
- You must wear a helmet in South Carolina if you are under 21.
- South Carolina law requires you to use your headlight at all times.
- The state’s implied consent law means that by driving, you consent to be tested for intoxication.
- To take the skills test, you must have your permit for at least 180 days.
- When entering a fast sweeping curve, you should slow down.
- The best way to avoid an accident is to drive defensively.
- You should wear eye protection to avoid dirt, insects and sun glare.
- The best type of footwear to wear while riding is laced up boots.
- When waiting at a railroad crossing, you must pay attention to your mirrors because a driver coming up from behind may not see you.
- When riding on a highway, you should scan ahead as far as you can clearly see.
- You should check your mirrors every ten seconds.
- Your horn should be heard from 200 feet away.
- When riding in fog, it is best to use your low beam headlight.
- Pedestrians always have the right of way.
- If you are tailgated, let that person pass you.
- A passenger should not hold onto your shoulders.
- When riding with a passenger, your stopping distance will increase.
This is just a sample of what you need to know. To learn more, take our practice tests. They can help you pass the permit test on your first attempt. Contact us for more information.