FREE Online Motorcycle License Permit Practice Test for the State of South Dakota
You are urged to study this practice test thoroughly to make sure that you know the rules of the road, therefore ensuring your own safety, as well as the safety of others.
Passing the South Dakota motorcycle permit test is as easy as 1 2 3 using our online interactive South Dakota motorcycle permit practice test. Please note study for this South Dakota license test is completely FREE.
While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information supplied herein, its authors, www.permit.bike, its employees and associates cannot be held responsible for any damages occurring due to errors or omissions.
The motorcycle permit practice tests questions are completely free. There is simply no easier way to prepare for and pass your motorcycle permit test. It is also a good idea to study your DMV’s motorcycle handbook to review all motorcycle best practices and safety rules.
15 Things You Must Know Before Taking the South Dakota Motorcycle Permit Test
Before you can ride a motorcycle in South Dakota, the law requires you to take the South Dakota Motorcycle Permit Test. There are several things you need to know before taking it including:
- The minimum age one can obtain a motorcycle permit in South Dakota is 14.
- When riding, a parent or guardian must accompany you if you are under 18 years of age.
- A permit holder may ride their motorcycle between 6am and 8pm if they are accompanied by someone 18 or older who has at least one year of driving experience.
- In South Dakota, your horn must be heard for at least 200 feet.
- The most vital consideration when purchasing gear is protection.
- If you are in a motorcycle crash, the odds you will suffer a head or neck injury are 5-1.
- You are most likely to be involved in a crash within ten minutes of starting out.
- Most crashes occur at speeds of less than 30 mph.
- Over half of all crashes happen with riders who have had their motorcycles for less than six months.
- You should check your hydraulic fluid and coolants every week.
- The best place to adjust your mirrors is sitting on the motorcycle before you begin to ride.
- When braking, you should always use both brakes.
- Pavement is usually the most slippery just after it starts to rain.
- After snow and ice melt, be extra careful on bridges.
- If you have a flat tire, edge to the side of the road.
Prepare for the permit test by taking one of our practice tests that are free of charge. If you need help or would like more information contact us.