FREE Online Motorcycle License Permit Practice Test for the State of Virginia
Passing the Virginia motorcycle permit test is as easy as 1 2 3 using our online interactive practice test. Please note study for this test is completely FREE. As a motorcyclist, you are subject to the same laws and regulations as other motorists.
While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information supplied herein, its authors, www.permit.bike, its employees and associates cannot be held responsible for any damages occurring due to errors or omissions.
What You Need to Know Before Taking the Virginia Motorcycle Permit Test
Before you can ride around the scenic state of Virginia on a motorcycle, you must pass the VA Motorcycle Permit Test.
- Complete the application
- Pay the application fee ($3 or $5 depending on your age)
- Have your picture taken
- Give your thumbprint
In order to pass the test, you should download the manual and spend time studying. Then take a few practice tests before heading to the DMV.
- You are most likely to crash when riding to school
- The tachometer is used to show your engine revolutions
- You should check your motorcycle before each ride
- Your jacket should reach your wrists and your pants should reach your ankles
- On a normal motorcycle, the horn is found on the left handlebar
- Most motorcycle crashes occur at speeds less than 30 mph
- You should check hydraulic fluids and coolants at least once a week
- When approaching a slippery surface, you should slow down
- The minimum distance you should leave between you and the car in front of you is three seconds
- You should increase your following distance if it is raining, you cannot see through the vehicle ahead, or the pavement is slippery
- Most motorcycle/car accidents happen at intersections
- The safest way to deal with a tailgater is to let him pass you
- Your helmet should fit snugly
- You are three times more likely to be killed in a crash if you are not wearing a helmet
- Never buy a used motorcycle helmet unless you can have it checked by the manufacturer
- The worst thing you can do with your helmet is not fasten the strap
- Eye protection is effective when it is well ventilated, scratch free, and shatterproof
There is just some of what you need to know. To fully test your knowledge, try one of our free practice tests that are specifically for the residents of Virginia. If you have any questions, contact us to learn more.