FREE Online Motorcycle License Permit Practice Test for the State of New Mexico
Every New Mexico resident who operates a motorcycle must have a New Mexico motorcycle driver license or a motorcycle endorsement on an existing New Mexico driver’s license.
Passing the New Mexico motorcycle permit test is as easy as 1 2 3 using our online interactive NM motorcycle permit practice test. Please note study for this New Mexico license test is completely FREE.
While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information supplied herein, its authors, www.permit.bike, its employees and associates cannot be held responsible for any damages occurring due to errors or omissions.
Taking the New Mexico Motorcycle Permit Test
Riding a motorcycle is a great way to see New Mexico’s beautiful scenery. But first, you must successfully complete the New Mexico Motorcycle Permit Test.
The test covers many areas including:
- The minimum age for obtaining a motorcycle instructional permit in New Mexico is 15.
- A parent or guardian must sign a consent form if you are under 18.
- Once you have a permit, you must ride with someone who is at least 21 years old and has three years riding experience.
- 20/40 vision is required in at least one eye.
- In New Mexico, you must wear a helmet if you are under 18.
- A motorcycle helmet should fit snugly.
- The best clothing to wear when riding at night is reflective.
- Warning signs on the road are usually yellow with black letters.
- You must not park your motorcycle within 30 feet of a traffic sign.
- When riding across a railroad crossing, you should not change gears.
- When a vehicle has a reflective orange triangle on its rear, it means it’s travelling at less than 25 mph.
- A red curb indicates a fire zone.
- You should slow down when approaching a sweeping curve.
- Pedestrians using a guide dog or a white cane always have the right of way.
- A flashing yellow light means to slow down and proceed cautiously.
- If a school bus has its red lights flashing on the opposite side of the road, you must come to a complete stop.
- Generally there is adequate traction in the middle lane unless it has rained.
- A downward pointing red and white triangle means yield.
- A DWI conviction in New Mexico remains on your driver’s license for 25 years.
- 40% of traffic crashes that result in a fatality involve alcohol.
When you are ready to learn more, take one of our practice tests. If you have any questions, contact us